Monday, January 18, 2010

Highland Wear I'm Getting A West Highland Terrier On Saturday And I'm Wondering Should It Wear A Harness ? See Details

I'm getting a West Highland Terrier on saturday and i'm wondering should it wear a harness ? See Details - highland wear

I get a West Highland Terrier on Saturday and wonder if they wear a harness or collar. I have a Shih Tzu wearing a dish for a neck doens't protect your vocal cords and neck miracle, it is better for western wear a harness, as well?

6 comments:

Pookey B said...

I believe that all dogs wear a harness, because it makes it easier for you to control and not drown.

Harley said...

Yes, that would be a perfect dish for a terrier. They are active, and a necklace (the drowning as his shi-tzu can). A chain is likely to slide more easily.

Ann S said...

No need to use a harness. They have a very strong neck.

pasdecle... said...

We have Westies for over 25 years and have never seen the need for a harness. Westies are very strong in the neck and our experience, it can withstand shocks when they arrive at the scheduled end of the leash while hunting birds, squirrels, foxes, Woodchucks, leaves, insects, and almost nothing else! Always a Westie with a belt, --- for that reason are natural hunters.

kimothy8... said...

Hello I 41 / 2 months and 5-westie year I keep thinking works well, just a few tips to keep safe u dont picking and trying 2 look after him and try to make cuts to about 3 months time to to get used to begin the house training at home as soon as u start and sit, paw, did well by Staight training, hope u have a lot of fun x

Lola S said...

OMG! I have a Westie, a grid personalitly.
can use a regular collar but do not use paste choker.
lola xx

Post a Comment